welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the reign of president trump thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden, Trump's tweets made a lot more sense.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donald Trump, his nominees, and appointees are all special people who don't have to play by the same rules as the rest of us. That's why they're undergoing confirmation hearings before the US Office of Governmental Ethics can review them thoroughly.

I guess Trump's picks are just so super great that there's no need for them to undergo the same scrutiny as Obama's. Despite the potentially huge number of conflicts of interest, it's probably for the best that we just railroad them through.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh. i just tried calling mcconnell's office ((202) 224-2541) - got a message that "we are experiencing unusually high phone volume, thank you for calling, goodbye *click*" - and that's calling during office hours, there is just a mention that if you call outside office hours, the office is closed. guess he doesn't really care to hear from his constituents. i'm going to send off an email, not that he will pay attention to that, either.

i would try writing an actual letter, but since that whole anthrax thing (remember that one?) i don't think they accept anything like that. Still, might be fun to see what effect clogging the post office would have.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the "not at all surprised" category - intelligence chiefs told trump russians have compromising info on him:
Quote:
The chiefs of America’s intelligence agencies last week presented President Obama and President-elect Donald J. Trump with a summary of unsubstantiated reports that Russia had collected compromising and salacious personal information about Mr. Trump, two officials with knowledge of the briefing said.

now if we could just get someone to hack into mr. reince "they allowed foreign governments into their system" priebus' emails.....
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"underage golden shower prostitutes used to blackmail trump into colluding against american democracy" doesn't really have any staying power as a scandal with the american people. what we need to do is assert that these prostitutes were downloaded, stored on an insecure personal email server
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is in talks to have anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. chair a group that will evaluate vaccine safety.

I'm sure Hillary Clinton would have been just as bad.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Trump is in talks to have anti-vaxxer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. chair a group that will evaluate vaccine safety.

Ιs this for real? I mean, are we still in the debate of weather vaccines are safe or not?! Even though it has been proven multiple times?
I feel sorry for the children of these people.
Absynthe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekPlayer64 wrote:
WheelsOfConfusion wrote:

Ιs this for real? I mean, are we still in the debate of weather vaccines are safe or not?! Even though it has been proven multiple times?
I feel sorry for the children of these people.

Everything based in objective reality is questioned by the Republican party and right-wing constituency. They are profoundly anti-intellectual.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In keeping with tradition, Trump is apparently hesitant to pay the people that helped build his new hotel.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was busy getting ready for work this morning when his "press conference" was on, so i was listening to it.

it's going to be a long 4 years.

he had to take a jab at someone with every question. the media, the media, the intelligence agencies, the democratic party, the media, lindsey graham....no slight is too small for him to bring it up.

so now my question is - all those people who voted for him because he "said what he meant", because he wasn't pc....are they ever going to get tired of hearing him snark at people every time he opens his mouth?

(secondary question - anyone get a good look at whether that pile of documents really was him divesting himself of business ties, or was that just another prop?)
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
In keeping with tradition, Trump is apparently hesitant to pay the people that helped build his new hotel.

it's a lot easier to stay under budget if you don't actually pay your bills.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
it's going to be a long 4 years.

not as long as they're gonna be for trump
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially since he's made an enemy of the US intelligence community. this whole "Trump is peeing on underage prostitutes and Russia is blackmailing him with it" thing is only the beginning.
Homeslice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
heh. i just tried calling mcconnell's office ((202) 224-2541) - got a message that "we are experiencing unusually high phone volume, thank you for calling, goodbye *click*" - and that's calling during office hours, there is just a mention that if you call outside office hours, the office is closed. guess he doesn't really care to hear from his constituents. i'm going to send off an email, not that he will pay attention to that, either.

i would try writing an actual letter, but since that whole anthrax thing (remember that one?) i don't think they accept anything like that. Still, might be fun to see what effect clogging the post office would have.

Having worked in a congressional office, I can say that they do receive mail- it's often just a month or so after it actually arrives at the office building.

Unless you live in Kentucky, you'll probably have better success phoning or emailing your senators.
Sam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember how i was openly wondering about the only thing with regards to trump, that whole forced consistency of praise and deference to russia, or how he flip-flops like a fucking waffle in a paint mixer on everything else but when it ever comes to putin it's like there's a gun to his head, he immediately jumps to gladhanding and support and praise and admiration

remember how that was the shit that confused me the most and i could only just imagine what might be behind that

well for fuck's sake if even half of those claims turn out to be true
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 44 of 71

Jump to: