Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the reign of president trump covfefe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 107, 108, 109  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to document: trump has removed bannon from the national security council and returned the chair of the joint chiefs of staff and the intelligence directory. he has also added the head of the CIA, the UN ambassador - and the secretary of energy. which becomes rather disturbing, not just because this is rick perry, but because it turns out most of what the energy department does is take care of nuclear weapons.

still, one wonders if this doesn't mean the adults have decided they need to step in - this was done at the instigation of Gen. McMasters.

also, some info on why bannon was there in the first place:
Quote:
A senior White House official presented the move as a logical evolution, not a setback for Mr. Bannon. He had originally been put on the principals committee to keep an eye on Mr. Flynn and to “de-operationalize” the National Security Council after the Obama administration, this official said on condition of anonymity to discuss internal dynamics. This official said that process had been completed.

...although i'm not sure what de-operationalize mean in this context...i'd think you'd want the national security council to remain fully operational, but then i'm not president.

but it really wasn't trump's fault those other people got knocked off the council:
Quote:
Members of Mr. Trump’s team said they did not mean to downgrade them; they simply took Mr. Bush’s original order and cut and pasted language into theirs, not realizing that the two officials had been upgraded under Mr. Obama.

WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He had originally been put on the principals committee to keep an eye on Mr. Flynn...

If they needed to "keep an eye on Mr. Flynn" why was he on the security council in the first place?
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, trump totally trusted flynn, despite all the warnings he had been given about him. total trust. had to be on the council.

until, of course, he wasn't.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Quote:
He had originally been put on the principals committee to keep an eye on Mr. Flynn...

If they needed to "keep an eye on Mr. Flynn" why was he on the security council in the first place?

i like how the logic of their hurried excuse for the reshuffle looks bad no matter what angle you're looking at it
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's sort of the hallmark of the trump administration - do something stupid and/or awful, and then see how much deeper you can dig yourself in "explaining" it.

which reminds me: trump is now backing up his baseless claims about obama wiretapping him with baseless claims that susan rice committed a crime...by, i guess, doing her job?
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like okay they're under the gun and we know the trump administration is basically collectively the group of villains in a made for tv movie where a kid and a talking dog save the day, but when they had to come up with an excuse for why bannon is suddenly out of the politburo, they hastily decided on an explanation which makes them look worse if you assume they're telling the truth.

"see, we just put bannon on the security council to keep an eye on flynn"

why did you appoint someone you originally thought needed supervision. supervision for what. what would you be supervising flynn for. he's your own appointee. if you knew something like this why was he your choice. what.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the kid and talking dog hurry up please. I want off of Mr Trump's Wild Ride.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"it was just an oversight of flynn i promise"

"flynn was gone how many weeks ago?"

".... you are fake news"
Absynthe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marik wrote:

".... you are fake news"

Steve Bannon is going to appear at a press conference today, and tear off his mask, and underneath will be Ashton Kutcher telling us we've been punked.

Or I need to double on the peyote until this all starts making sense...
Marik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve bannon is going to appear at a press conference and tear off his own face because he is a dt ravaged husk with skin alcohol-damaged down to the consistency of wet paper and he thought he was just mopping his own brow
Absynthe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marik wrote:
steve bannon is going to appear at a press conference and tear off his own face because he is a dt ravaged husk with skin alcohol-damaged down to the consistency of wet paper and he thought he was just mopping his own brow

Far more likely, yes.

Also, I would pay to watch that.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so trump has signed a law defunding planned parenthood:
Quote:
The measure nullifies a rule completed in the last days of the Obama administration that effectively barred state and local governments from withholding federal funding for family planning services related to contraception, sexually transmitted infections, fertility, pregnancy care, and breast and cervical cancer screening from qualified health providers — regardless of whether they also performed abortions. The new measure cleared Congress last month with Vice President Mike Pence casting the tiebreaking vote in the Senate.

in other words, to prevent abortions that might not even be performed at a particular planned parenthood site, they are defunding things that probably prevent far more abortions: contraception (to prevent pregnancy) and pregnancy care (to ensure the health of the mother and baby). to say nothing of all those things that might, you know, save a woman's life. but hey. those women might actually know abortion exists, they must be punished!

in the we-can-only-hope department, bannon may be on the way out.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-threatens-to-withhold-payments-to-insurers-to-press-democrats-on-health-bill-1492029844
Quote:
Nearly three weeks after Republican infighting sank an overhaul of the Affordable Care Act, President Donald Trump dug back into the battle on Wednesday, threatening to withhold payments to insurers to force Democrats to the negotiating table.
“Obamacare is dead next month if it doesn’t get that money,” Mr. Trump said. “I haven’t made my viewpoint clear yet. I don’t want people to get hurt....What I think should happen and will happen is the Democrats will start calling me and negotiating.”
[...]
Responding to Mr. Trump’s comments, Mr. Schumer said the president was “threatening to hold hostage health care for millions of Americans…to achieve a political goal of repeal that would take health care away from millions more. This cynical strategy will fail.”

Our president, ladies and gentlemen.
mouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, not clear why he thinks everyone will blame the democrats when he is on record as the one stopping the money. in particular, the insurance companies will know exactly who is trying to screw them over, and if he thinks _they_ don't have any political power, he's about to be very surprised.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absynthe wrote:
Marik wrote:

".... you are fake news"

Steve Bannon is going to appear at a press conference today, and tear off his mask, and underneath will be Ashton Kutcher telling us we've been punked.

Or I need to double on the peyote until this all starts making sense...

And the bar is already set pretty high, with Sean Spicer receiving the Godwin award of the year.

...Anyone up to make a betting pool as to when he'll receive his pink triangle of course slip?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 76 of 109

Jump to: