Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random News Stories of Note
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 966, 967, 968, 969  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right. because tossing bombs around is nowhere near as harmful as peacefully practicing a religion.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMD's new Threadripper CPU is utterly destroying Intel's offerings in the Cadillac of desktop segments.
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/08/amd-threadripper-review-1950x-1920x/
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11697/the-amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-and-1920x-review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x-cpu,5167.html

There are trade-offs in the design not unlike the trade-offs between the normal Ryzen CPU and Intel's, but if you're in the market that needs 16 cores and 32 threads then it's almost certainly your top pick.
Taemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I win that lottery... which I don't play... it is mine.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientists have achieved 100% PERV ERADICATION.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia today. Counter-protestors lined up to demonstrate against them. The rally was dispersed amid minor skirmishes and the governor of Virginia declared a state of emergency to mobilize the police and try to restore calm.
Then more than a dozen of the counter-demonstrators were run over by a car, killing at least one of them. The driver is in custody.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html
http://abcnews.go.com/US/car-hits-crowd-protesters-white-nationalist-rally-virginia/story?id=49179590
Him

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People I trust say there's 3 dead. All IWW members. I am drinking and mourning. Cried some. Fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI6oVh8Xy80
Draculaura

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this country. Fuck those people. Bash the FUCKING fash.

(YAAAAAAA I AM LESBIAN)
Him

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
People I trust say there's 3 dead. All IWW members. I am drinking and mourning. Cried some. Fuck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI6oVh8Xy80

I haven't seen anymore about this in the news, so hopefully my friends had misheard. But I mean yeah. I got a cold chill through my entire body when the very first reports came in.
Sam the Eagle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meanwhile Lu Xiao Bo''s widows is still ncommunicado
Absynthe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:
Him wrote:

I haven't seen anymore about this in the news, so hopefully my friends had misheard. But I mean yeah. I got a cold chill through my entire body when the very first reports came in.

Over here, the official tally is one protester in the crowd hit by the terrorist, and two police officers who went down in a helicopter crash as they were monitoring the terrorists.
Him

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."
-Heather Heyer
Killed by Nazis 8/12/2017
Final Facebook post.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, one of the fucksticks they've identified is from the town i'm living in now. i don't know him at all.

gossip has run wild though, according to the grapevine he's just as much of a disgusting garbage person as you'd think.

i hate this. i hate feeling powerless. i hate this so much.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a post on reddit yesterday about an american going to germany getting beaten up for doing the nazi salute. A whole bunch of idiots were saying that people who punch nazis are just as bad as the nazis. They said this not even a day after a nazi rammed into people with a car for protesting against them. To anyone who still thinks that antifa is just the opposite side of the same coin here's a quote from a redditor who points out the difference between the two.

Quote:
People fascists want to use violence against:

• Black people
• Muslims
• Jewish people
• Gypsies
• Slavs
• Homosexual people
• Transgender people
• Disabled people
• Feminists
• Left wingers
• Right wingers who aren't right wing enough

People antifa want to use violence against:

• Fascists

The fact that some people think that those who hate bigotry with a passion are just as bad as the bigots themselves especially after a nazi mowed people down with a car is fucking sickening.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hadn't seen any pictures of the rally, and after hearing them described on the news, i don't want to.

the greatest generation must be rolling over in their graves, to see their grandchildren supporting the very people they fought. I just got an email from a friend; he's a naturalized citizen originally from italy. he is in europe right now, says he visited dachau 4 days ago, and the subject of his email is "is our democracy in danger?"....because he sees trump following in hitler's footsteps (and with the same followers). i'm going to point out all the people actively protesting this...but really, how did we get here? and how do we deal with this people? terry mcauliffe was on the radio this am, he said the white supremacists were better armed than the police, with body armor and automatic weapons. any bets that the NRA dupes in congress will point out how this is exactly what the second amendment is for, to protect people's rights to protest the government? how do you get rid of people like that?
Vixine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen pictures; a bunch of bros in polo shirts carrying tiki torches to a night rally. Now I can't even sell mosquito defense products at work without wondering if the people buying it understand why I'm trying not to visibly side-eye them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 966, 967, 968, 969  Next
Page 967 of 969

Jump to: