Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September 13, 2017: The Ball 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irinei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: September 13, 2017: The Ball 31 Reply with quote

Rainbow sprinkled message received. Don't underestimate the devil's intel.
GreekPlayer64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ravage the fuck out of those donuts.

Call me fat i dont care.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vainglorious might not have pulled off his big finish but he did get in a good shot. An underdog does not have to win the war to be victorious. They simply have to hold their own long enough to be considered a contender. With the money, time, and effort that the devil put into just making a point, the fact that he is now putting more effort into following up one of VG's comments suggests that VG did hold his own.

I would love to know what the Avant guard would have done at the party. Simply attacking the guests and messing up the Devils house doesn't seem like VG's style. It would have needed to be something more flashy.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The avant-garde (from French, "advance guard" or "vanguard", literally "fore-guard")[1] are people or works that are experimental, radical, or unorthodox with respect to art, culture, or society.[1][2][3] It may be characterized by nontraditional, aesthetic innovation and initial unacceptability,[4] and it may offer a critique of the relationship between producer and consumer.[2]

The avant-garde pushes the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm or the status quo, primarily in the cultural realm. The avant-garde is considered by some to be a hallmark of modernism, as distinct from postmodernism. Many artists have aligned themselves with the avant-garde movement and still continue to do so, tracing a history from Dada through the Situationists to postmodern artists such as the Language poets around 1981.

so no, they couldn't possibly just mess the place up - so old school!

"critique of the relationship between producer and consumer" has possibilities, as this party is full of consumers who have plenty of room to be critiqued. creating works of art out of the appetizers (_not_ including the rainbow sprinkle donuts)? a daring redesign of everyone's clothes? (_definitely_ including the coat that snob checked). so many possibilities.

i have hopes we will eventually get to see the avant guard in action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: