Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The You Tube Video Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, now i'm going to have the tune in my head through everything i do.

i'm gonna have that tune....in my heat...right through everythiiiing iii dooooooooo
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

history of the entire world, i guess
Vixine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, technically not youtube, but have a precious fox anyways.

(its so fluffy, im gonna diiiie)
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody Important wrote:

This is an older post, but I'll be damned if "Society, coming soon to a dank river valley near you" was not a great line for describing Mesopotamia.
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Nobody Important wrote:

This is an older post, but I'll be damned if "Society, coming soon to a dank river valley near you" was not a great line for describing Mesopotamia.

THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got hooked on this channel earlier in the year and the recent updates have been every bit as great.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Basically a wordless, soundtrackless videodocumentary of some Aussie's futzing around with sticks, rocks, and mud in the woods, recreating important bits of our stone age past. It covers several types of shelters from grass huts to stone and clay cottages with tile roofs, pottery, experiments with iron smelting, making primitive weapons, polished and knapped stone tools, simple hydraulic machinery, sun-baked bricks, fabric from weeds, farming, fishing, and fire. Lots of fire. Fire every time, from scratch!

Warning: Highly addictive! Exposure to these videos may engender a desire to play outside!
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
I got hooked on this channel earlier in the year and the recent updates have been every bit as great.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Basically a wordless, soundtrackless videodocumentary of some Aussie's futzing around with sticks, rocks, and mud in the woods, recreating important bits of our stone age past. It covers several types of shelters from grass huts to stone and clay cottages with tile roofs, pottery, experiments with iron smelting, making primitive weapons, polished and knapped stone tools, simple hydraulic machinery, sun-baked bricks, fabric from weeds, farming, fishing, and fire. Lots of fire. Fire every time, from scratch!

Warning: Highly addictive! Exposure to these videos may engender a desire to play outside!

A friend turned me onto this channel early last year as well. It's pretty amazing to see what can be achieved by a single person without "modern" tools. It'll be interesting to see how far he can take this - if he can work the kinks out of the iron smelting a lot of new doors could be opened tool-wise.

I also enjoy that it doesn't have any commentary (although it does have annotations to explain things if need be).

Hmmm... I could get some acres in a forest in the middle of the mountains for pretty cheap...
Nobody Important

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innuendo Studios just made a new series of videos called The Alt-Right Playbook which is on. fucking. point.

The first one is the Introduction and the second one is called Control The Conversation which highlights how the alt-right steers conversations away from their original topics and moves goalposts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 254, 255, 256
Page 256 of 256

Jump to: