Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The post-postwhoring thead of DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Dakota is a wee bit dry for amphibians. Mostly you have a few species of frogs/toads and a few rare instances of the nigh-ubiquitous Tiger Salamander.

Just as there are sub-surface realms populated by Mole People, there are also Mole Salamanders and this is their most common footsoldier. They spend most of their time in burrows near a body of water, about 2 feet below the harsh and unforgiving surface world.
Taemon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a GOOD thing there are no salamanders where I live, because I would definitely try to touch them and pet them and call the George. And you shouldn't touch amfibians.

*cries over the lack of salamanders*
Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh neat. that explains why i haven't seen any, too. sounds like you would really have to go out of your way to find one of those little guys, even when they are common.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're nefariously widespread in the US and Canada. You're never more than three feet from a Tiger Salamander*.

*Somewhat exaggerated.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a tired state, I read that as never more than 3 feet from The Tiger Salamander. Singular and powerful, the salamander is.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majora's Mask was released closer to the first Zelda game than to the present day.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Majora's Mask was released closer to the first Zelda game than to the present day.

Stop making me feel old!

I never even played Majora's Mask...

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel too bad, I too exist as a homunculus pretending to be real.
reasonablymad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are as real as a homunculus pretending to be real can be.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the sea of years that drifted us apart, I'm glad you're as much a rock of yourself as ever rm.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There needs to be less WoC in the world, so I'm drinking Soylent! It's not made from people, but it does make people*.

The pre-mixed Cacao drinks are alright. Not very cocoa, but not much else either. I've been taking one bottle (sometimes with oatmeal biscuits) in lieu of fast food lunches at work for about a week now. Initially there were some issues with drowsiness but that hasn't been a problem since and may not have had anything to do with the Soylent itself.

The unflavored powder for mixing tastes weird in a neutral way. Imagine gritty, sugarless, entirely not-sweet cake batter served on a soaking wet wooden tongue depressor.

I'm experimenting with ways to tweak the mixable powder's taste into something more ... just more. My biggest success so far: add 1 cup more water to a 4-scoop batch, throw in a 4-serving pouch of powdered non-fat milk, six zero-calorie sweetener packets, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (dissolved in hot water first). Add a couple of drops of vanilla extract, blend very vigorously.

This adds extra calories to their "perfect" energy/nutrient balance but also adds extra fiber, Vitamins A & D, potassium, calcium, and protein.

So far, no horse-killing Soylent farts. Either that's because I'm not desperate enough to go All-Soylent, or it's something they worked out between recipe versions 0.89 (reviewed in the link) and 1.8-2.0 (what they're selling today).

More to come?

*People who drink it are subsequently partially composed of Soylent.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Soylent; not made of people yet, just give us time."
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm is here. wow
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
More to come?

Cutting out fast food for lunch and sweet tea has resulted in me dropping 8 pounds/3.6 kilos/0.6 stone since late February! The replacement meal of Soylent and unsweetened caffeine brew seems to be doing to the trick to keep me going so far.

I would not say Soylent is a joy to consume, and I can't see myself ever going all-Soylent (like some people have tried), or doing this longer-term. But as a crutch to get me through some weight loss for a while, I'll definitely put up with it. Hopefully this isn't a case of "the first ten pounds are easy, anything else requires IMMEDIATE MAJOR LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOREVER." But at least I'm out of the danger zone when it comes to the company weight limit.

Other slight changes include a little more portion control (order a 6" instead of footlong sub sandwich, reducing fry size whenever possible, completely sugar-free drinks except the very occasional chocolate milk, etc. etc.). Work is also slowing down so I'm able to get an extra day off per week (in fact, that's about to be official by April) which means more opportunities to give the dog his customary 2-hour walks. Huzzah for sustained moderate physical activity!

Also eating more of my own cocoa oatmeal concoction for breakfast, but cutting back on the peanut butter and Nutella for slightly fewer calories. I calculated that my original formulation has about 730-750 Calories, 50% daily protein (most of it in the form of complete or 2 complementary proteins), and about 1/3rd of the daily fiber requirements. I can easily keep the nutritional value around those levels while lobbing a few dozen calories off the top. It beats cereal, is probably more nutritious and less fatty than eggs 'n bacon, and has caffeine so I'll consider it a net positive.

I ordered more Soylent on the 7th but haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. My original supply is dangerously low, down to one bottle of pre-mixed stuff and about six meals with the powder.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay for the weight loss! and you seem to be making the most important lifestyle changes: reducing sugar and fast food.

there is a peanut butter powder you can get - a lot of Weight Watchers members like it, i guess it has a lot less fat - can't say anything about it myself because i'm allergic to peanuts, but i pass on the info in case it helps.

i've got to figure out how to get more exercise in my life. i keep reading articles about how people who exercise are much less prone to the ills of aging...but then they keep coming down to interval training as the most effective exercise, and that....just doesn't appeal.

thinking about getting a dog when i retire although i may also have to wait until the cats die....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270  Next
Page 267 of 270

Jump to: