Welcome to the Fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mY fREE tIME nOT sPENT pLAYING vIDEO gAMES Death Vigil
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 479, 480, 481  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 for Switch for my birthday. Also, I ordered a new gaming laptop today so I can PUBG it up. Very Happy
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunting Monsters sure is a game video.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Monster Prom yesterday evening. Steam page say it's a multiplayer dating sim but I've only played single player so far because I have no friends.

It's, uh, it's pretty good. Lots of bi representation across the board, everyone is romancable by everyone. Also one of the PCs is a shadow monster which is always my jam.

Also Destiny 2 is still alive and dropping another expansion on May 8th so I'm basically just treading water until then.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad of Boy; Dad is tired of having to fight everyone.
Everyone still wants to fight Dad.
Chronometry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmind is a decent expansion for what I paid for it. Destiny 2 isn't perfect yet, but I've got high hopes for the autumn update.

This poster is a white cismale heterosexual. Feel free to ignore him if he starts speaking nonsense.
Vixine

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not technically a videogame, but I am really heckin' deep into MTG again and I want more people to gush about it with.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like giving my decks silly names based on colours and what they do.

And playing Izzit coloured dragons and counters.
Vixine

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Victim Here wrote:
I like giving my decks silly names based on colours and what they do.

And playing Izzit coloured dragons and counters.

The obligatory ten times per round of playing it the joke "Izzet wizards? Yes they are." is made.

Jhoira "draw all of the cards" historic focused wizard tribal deck with minimal spellslinging. (Including Godo-helm, teferi-lock and curiosity-nivmizzet combos because my LGS meta has a lot of people comboing out)

Muldrotha in it's low key janky state where it doesn't really do anything besides recur everything it plays, enjoying basic value stuff like Urza's Bauble, Elephant Grass, fetch lands (just the basic ones because I ain't got that kind of money) and whatnot

SUPER janky Tetsuko Umezawa deck which is all just unblockable/infect stuff

Sram voltron deck which is semi-jank in a roughly 2:1 equipment/enchantment ratio at the moment

Kumena merfolk tribal stuff with lots of putting counters on dudes and making them unblockable

And of course, big daddy Markov and his vampire tribal friends doing mardu things. (plus sanguine/exquisite combo)

I also just ordered what all I didn't have already for my draft of an Anafenza, Graveyard Deck Hoser build that's a mix of mill (to add insult to the injury of exiling/wrecking graveyard stuff) Outlast mechanics to once again take advantage of putting counters on mans, and another sanguine/exquisite combo but with a lot more life gain.

At some point I want to make a Sunsong deck. Star of Extinction a board with 40 creatures on it, gain 200 life, etc.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...that's a lot of magical cards. I acquired a mild amount of Theroes block cards as hand-me-sideways, and have just started getting into Dominaria. I played some Cockatrice, but it was mostly draft Amon/HoD and 3DH. Loved me some Gruul landmans (Omnath, Locus of Rage; the Man who makes Lands make Mans. The Mans are then machine gun bullets).
Vixine

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got back into it HARD, yes. I've only used Cockatrice for deckbuilding, basic solo playtesting and to export to deckstats to check my color balancing. My local playgroup tends to run stuff like Omnath, Xenegos, Zurgo Helmsmasher, Ulamog, Olivia/Markov, Ur-Dragon, superfriends, Meren, Justinian, Slivers. I generally would prefer to just make tribal mans turn sideways at people but everyone's too busy comboing off, playing control, or going hardcore on the tribal with slivers/dargons.
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a simple joy in green/red's battle plan of "big boi? big boi sideways? yes, good." compared to the fun annihilating crux of */blue. Unless I get to play the blue. Then it's fine.
That's a huge goddamn play group. LGS inna city somewhere decent, I'm guessing?
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tangentially related to videogames also, I attempted to transplant a backlit screen into my O.G. GameBoy Advance today.
It did not success.

In the course of running a wire from one pin on the display header to ground, I accidentally pulled the pad right off the traces. And unfortunately the board's traces are too small to use the old "scrape back some mask with a knife and solder to them" trick.

So now I'm looking for a good deal on an old GBA so I can Frankenstein the guts into my already-modded shell. Also, looking for a set of lime-green buttons and side bumpers.
Vixine

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Victim Here wrote:
There is a simple joy in green/red's battle plan of "big boi? big boi sideways? yes, good." compared to the fun annihilating crux of */blue. Unless I get to play the blue. Then it's fine.
That's a huge goddamn play group. LGS inna city somewhere decent, I'm guessing?

I was very tempted to get this as my playmat.

My LGS was in my local smallish town, but that one got shut down after a couple weeks of me playing there when they were bought out by another comics shop, then shuttered when it turned out the old owner was a pedo since they still lived upstairs in the building and the whole combination of "just got sold so not financially stable, new owners are kinda dicks, old owners involved in grooming kids, etc."

Now I go to the one further north on the not quite so nice side of the tracks, closer to Gary, but which has a much more solid commander player presence. (The one downtown was mostly yugioh, then pokemon, then a handful of modern MTG.)
The Victim Here

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you said closer to Gary, I assumed you meant Gary, not a place.
Vixine

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, it's not an unfair comparison tbh, even with as much as the city's improved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 479, 480, 481  Next
Page 480 of 481

Jump to: